Tuesday, June 18, 2013

the in between

driving home, it occurred to me.
it was a flash. ever so fleeting. 

reunions of uncertainty and splashes of joy.

there I would return with the road to give me what company it could.

I had been here before.

alone, quiet, not unhappy, just alone.
something I had done for years yet never given much thought.
myself, the only one to walk this path.
understood by little to none.
a secret, considered by some.
i was the in between.
never to be permanent.
a goodbye always lurking beyond each time.

in my discomfort in goodbyes I am fearful I found comfort.
shaped by its familiar visits.
led to believe they were doing the leaving.
when perhaps, perhaps it has been me all along.

sincerely,
B



a thought, hoping to slip by unnoticed as many do.
it was as if comfort was taking up life inside of what has been loathed for so long.