Sunday, April 14, 2013

a plea to shake the dust

some days, the fog is impenetrable.

today, i can't even see my own hand through the fog.
my heart is downcast. 
my mind is at capacity; while my mouth is at a loss. 
its presence leaves an unpleasant pressure on my chest. 
the reason is uncertain.
a number of things, doin a number on me.

i remind myself i can be honest here. so here goes something.

it takes every ounce of me to be open with people.
"do i need to change how i act depending on the person?"
i want to make sure everyone is heard and happy--so i forfeit my voice. 
stumbling to share even the tiniest parts of my heart.
comparison paves the way for my absence. 
today, it took so much to even be pleasant. 
no, i don't completely know what i want to spend my life doing. 
i do know i have a passion to love people with love i do not possess.
i wish it were as effortless to walk away from our friendship as it was for you. 
confined by the boundaries i've built myself. 
is it too much to get over my hill and be still?
there is so much to be. 
i can't find myself in all the haze i've created.


all of this makes me weak human.

all i ask is,
to shake the dust.
and all i can do is run. 
run fast and quick to the only one who restores the broken. 


sincerely, 
an honest B


please excuse my feeling vomit above.